Monday, February 28, 2011

Meet My Dog Casper

Hey guys! I'm Casper. I will be 10 years old May 1st, 2011. I'm a Golden retriever and Yellow Lab mix. I live with my mom Elizabeth, my dad Matthew, my aunt Mary, and my uncle Al.


The things I love are those very soothing belly rubs, delicious rice cakes, hot dogs, of course, and reviving back massages.

 There is one other animal I love most: Mordecai. He's our backyard squirrel. He will just sit and watch me every time I go outside. Sometimes, I will chase him, but unfortunately he ALWAYS gets away and therefore wins. It makes my hair stand up on the back of my broad neck like never before.

Here he is the little thing! Grrr!
I also love cats. They make me soooo hungry even when it's not dinner time. I see those nasty green snake eyes and I think to myself..."Yummmy!" Pardon my dog language ;)




Also, there is Guss, he's my neighbor. He is a White Golden Retriever. He will come over to the fence and say "Come get me Casper!"I will bark back so loud that eventually I have to go inside, all because of him. He is the perfect dog. He is never muddy. He is always clean and fresh.


 But, look at me. I smell, I itch, and I sometimes let it rip. Deep down inside I love Guss. He's my best doggie friend in the whole world.

Do you imagine being a dog and how everything would be if you were a dog? Well lemme tell you from my perspective. It's not all that easy.

5:45pm: You're in the kitchen. It's dinner time. People are rushing back and forth. You are a dog. You get fussed at for begging for one little bite of steak. You get your big paws stepped on, You get shoved to the side, and when it gets loud you just wag your tail and stand by the back door, hoping and praying to go outside.

But deep in my heart, I love my family so much! They always feed and water me on time, let me go outside, play with me, give me belly rubs (ohh so nice!), and every now and then will feed me one bite of fruit. "Too bad its not steak!" I always think to myself.

Well it's time for me to go now. It's dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment