Friday, February 18, 2011

Relationships

 Do you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend? If you answered no, don't worry about "needing" one.

People sometimes think that if they don't have a bf or gf they aren't normal. I am single myself, and to tell you the truth, not everyone is normal. Everyone is disfunctional is some way or another. People often are afraid of being alone, not having anyone to be with or around, or etc. Say you are at a movie premiere, and your favorite celebrity comes strutting down the red carpet, and say that he or she has a bf or gf. You will tell yourself, "Oh they are so pretty and famous because they have the looks and the partner." That is bad thinking you need to self talk yourself a little like this.



Brain: "Sarah, you don't have a bf!"
Sarah: "This stinks! Susie has one. Brady has a gf. Why me?"
Sarah: "Wait, I know deep down inside that I am somewhat normal"
Brain: "Susie is way prettier than you, plus she has a bf."
Sarah: "I don't care brain, I'm a beautiful person just like Susie, and I don't have to have one to be normal."
Brain: "Uhh this is a battle that can't be won. I give up!"

In that short skit, Susie doubted herself. She didn't think she was normal because she didn't have a bf. Even if you don't have a bf or a gf you are better off that way. Relationships can cause a lot of trouble that can lead to horrible things in the end. If I were you, I would stay single and live life without any more problems that it already brings.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful article. It's wonderful to pray to the Lord, who has planned a specific spouse for you to marry, so that you can stay in the center of His will. He wants to give you good things as you surrender control to Him. I admire you for not being overly concerned about BF/GF. God is in control and has a good plan. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good and not for evil, to give you a hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete